Monday, July 26, 2010

Gianfranco Zola: West Ham fans should collect on me not players after Wolves defeat

654AM GMT twenty-four March 2010

Gianfranco Zola West Ham fans should collect on me not players after Wolves defeat Trouble and struggle Gianfranco Zola faces ascending conflict at West Ham Photo ACTION IMAGES

Kevin Doyle set Wolverhampton Wanderers on their approach prior to Ronald Zubar and Matthew Jarvis struck inside 3 second-half mins to lift Wolves 7 points transparent of danger.

Guillermo Franco came off the dais to measure in repairs time for West Ham but it was the hollowest of satisfaction goals.

West Ham 1 Wolves 3 Carlton Cole clashes with fan Premier League list Wolves kick West Ham Premier League fixtures Sport on radio

West Ham are perched perilously only 3 points on tip of the relegation section but they are commencement to see doomed.

The Upton Park throng uttered their annoy with chants of "you"re not fit to wear the shirt" - but Zola insisted the fans approach any disappointment in his direction.

"I think that intone is a small astray given the players they attempted everything," pronounced Zola.

"The players did their most appropriate but in a incongruous approach and it finished it really formidable for us. They played as individuals.

"That is very, really unpleasant for me given it is my avocation to scold it. The group is not personification really well and I take shortcoming for that.

"If (the fans) wish to collect up on somebody they contingency collect up on me given I am responsible.

"If they wish to intone something they contingency intone about me. They have to leave the players given they go to West Ham, they are operative for West Ham and they are committed to West Ham.

"If they wish to collect up on somebody they contingency collect up on me.

"Last year when we were personification well, I was removing compliments. I took the compliments, I can take the critique as well. But they should leave the players.

"The players need to be assured when they take the field. My regard is the group and I have to have certain they conflict in the right way. I have a prolonged night in front of me to think about that."

West Ham crumbled after Doyle pounced on a defensive howler from James Tomkins and Wolves fed off the flourishing restlessness in the crowd.

"We didn"t design to come here and win 3-1 and be as gentle as we were at times," pronounced McCarthy.

"If it had been at Wolves and conceded it would have been similar, we would have had a bold throng on the backs. It is the same wherever you go and we knew that and we played on it, of march we did."

This was Wolves" greatest afar win in the tip moody given November 1983, when they kick West Brom 3-1, and could infer a main impulse in the club"s bid for survival.

McCarthy pronounced "We have not sewn anything up nonetheless but we have left a prolonged approach towards assisting out.

"The scoreline didn"t agree us. We played really well tonight and deserved that victory. I don"t think any one could remonstrate with that.

"It was a critical win for us in conditions of us concerteenering the joining on tip of us a small bit some-more and you do repairs to West Ham.

"Burnley and Hull were meditative "we were going to catch Wolves". They competence only be meditative "we competence catch Wigan and West Ham now".

"They competence be seeking at us and meditative "they have finished genuine repairs to us, there are not as most we can catch any more".

"I goal that is what they are thinking."

No comments: