Friday, July 30, 2010

WINTER OLYMPICS 2010: Gold award speed black Amy Williams scarcely strike the skids

After clocking speeds close to 90mph in making a mockery of the fastest ice chute in the world, Great Britains skeleton gold medallist Amy Williams wants to do one thing more than any other. Slow down.

Williams can expect to be hailed a national heroine when she returns home at the end of the Games, having twice shattered the Whistler track record to claim Britains first individual Winter Olympics gold in 30 years.

But the 27-year-old speed queen says she cannot wait to get back to Bath for a break.

Amy Williams poses for a photo with her Gold Medal during the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics

High times: Amy Williams jumps for joy after becoming the first solo Britain to claim gold at the Winter Olympics in 30 years

Amy Williams poses for a photo with her Gold Medal during the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics

I dont know when Ill get my life back, but I cant wait to gohorse-riding again and do the things I stopped doing because I had toconcentrate so hard this past year, said Williams.

;I cant wait to do so-called normal things again.

Apart-time artist who has exhibited in her home city, she has struggledfinancially since she paid 700 to go on an army skeleton drivingcourse in 2002.

Williams does not own a car and continued tolive with her parents until last summer, when UK Sport gave her 25,000living expenses after she won a silver at the World Championships.

More...British pair battered and bruised after terrifying bobsleigh crashAmy Williams and her trusty pal Arthur receive first British Winter Olympic gold medal for 30 yearsMinichiello: I want gold to answer bullies who made my life a miseryWINTER OLYMPICS 2010: Britain"s new Olympic champion Amy Williams reveals: I thought that I"d finished thirdWilliams ends Britain"s medal drought with stunning skeleton gold

No comments: